Skip to main content

denied peace treaty

  I’m not one to completely let go of someone after a misunderstanding or argument takes place because I don’t believe in something having to end due to 2 people couldn’t see something eye to eye, but the way how things are nowadays they’d rather be miserable without you than to let their ego be damaged by admitting that they might’ve been wrong. That was the case with someone we thought was going to be in our future until one unfortunate evening where things just dramatically ended, it answered the question as to why many people weren’t in her life when that transpired. I was most surprised and disappointed by her abrupt change of heart towards me, I understood where she was coming from but the cutthroat attitude was unnecessary. I wanted to give her time to cool off so it’ll give me some time to think on how my approach might’ve been wrong, I was ready to admit my fault with her on the misunderstanding so much so that I got a limited edition record for her of one of her favorite musicians that I was planning to gift to her when we made amends. Unfortunately, because my best friend defended me to her she ultimately decided to cut ties with her as well. I understand her frustration towards me but don’t take it out on her, it was at that moment where I deleted her from everything. It wasn’t out of anger (because this was my first test of “the oath”) but I couldn’t be in any kind of relationship where someone can be cut off that easily, it just happened to me recently and I didn’t want to deal with it again. I honestly felt bad for my best friend (and I still do), and every time I look at the record I think about what could’ve been. It’s still sealed and I plan to give it to someone else one day, it doesn’t bother me seeing it but it troubles me that she’d let us go like that. I understand now why she’s always lonely, and there’s nothing I can do about that.

  When my best friend and someone she had a falling out with recently started rekindling their friendship, it was something I secretly had been wanting for a while as well. Unfortunately, my best friend had cut ties with me at the time but for some reason, the friend was to start over with was still following me on social media but we hadn’t spoken. When I took a trip to Japan by myself a couple of months later, I saw a record of her favorite musician. I messaged her the photo and she liked it but without telling her I secretly bought so I could possibly give it to her in the future, not sure how but it was impulse decision at the time. When she decided the cut ties with me as well, it would be a lie if I didn’t say I wasn’t surprised because she had her friend back and had no reason to keep up with me anymore. The only difference between this record and the one I bought for our previous friend was that I actually liked this record, I didn’t count this as a total loss. Only if these girls knew what I did for them, or what I would’ve done for them is a better term. To the day, I’m not upset with either of them. Just tired of dealing with people that jump to conclusions with no room for solutions, and that solution was letting music bring us all back together… so much for that.




Comments