Skip to main content

twice


  One thing that a lot of people don’t know about me is that if I have a bad experience with something, 9 times out of 10 I will attempt to try it again to either see if I will have a change of heart by seeing it in a different perspective or confirm why I didn’t like it in the first place.  Whether it’s food, music, games, or even people but whatever it is I have to try it again (except substances I won’t do that). It took me many years and many tries to appreciate pho because I tried it while I was sick and that changed my whole perspective on something I’d been missing out on for all these years, that's just one example of what I'm talking about.  I would revisit an album that I didn’t appreciate when I was younger to all of a sudden love it today, it’s things like that in which I love doing sometimes.  If I had a bad experience with someone somewhere, typically I would point the finger at the place rather than the person itself so when I try it again by myself it would be a different experience.  I'm a firm believer in giving people a second chance so I don't have to rely on the bad first impression to dictate my observation on them and if it failed the second time then shame on me (which has happened plenty of times), actually some of my better friendships stemmed from bad or uncomfortable first impressions.  But some experiences you have to start completely over.

   The events of "close call" left me completely unmotivated and ultimately depressed throughout the whole trip but it took place right when my best friend ghosted me, the only joy I got out of the trip was treating my mother like a queen throughout the trip (which turned out to be one of her favorite vacations).  I was eager to go back to the same place to have a better experience for myself, I wasn't going to let one bad vacation stop me from going back especially if we've been there numerous times.  This was the first time I had gone on this vacation completely alone and even though I had moments of loneliness (especially going to bed) it turned out to be a pretty tranquil trip, makes me look forward to the next one come Labor Day.  This wasn't the first time I had to do something a second time to redeem myself, the events of "sinking" and "resurface" is another prime example of what I'm talking about.  Where everything came crashing down only to regain my confidence as a photographer 3 months later, that was one of the loneliest and favorite moments of 2019.  Moral of the story:  Something doesn't work in your favor once, try it again.


Reference: once

Comments