Skip to main content

january


  It happened in the 3rd week of January where our president officially took his place in office, it was also the same time where the unthinkable happened next door to my best friend’s room. Her mother suffered a stroke while she was at home, luckily my best friend noticed and with quick action she called the paramedics immediately. Knowing that she’s the core of the family they all went into a panic, I was on standby the whole time just in case she needed any kind of support. Just so happened that one of our favorite bands released 3 new songs the same week her mom had the stroke, my best friend jokingly said: “If it doesn’t have this particular song in it I’m not interested right now”. But it did! These 3 songs helped her during her mother’s time in the hospital and even throughout her recovery when she returned home, these same songs would be featured on their album which dropped about 2 months later. What I’m about to reveal is something I kept secret from my best friend for nearly 3 years, I never told a soul about this until today.  I wrote the band a letter telling them about how those 3 songs helped her during a traumatic time in her life, I typed for myself and literally wrote it out for them. I slipped it to the singer of the band during an appearance at our favorite music store, he put it in his pocket saying that he would read it later. When we saw them 2 days later he gave me a nod of respect for giving him that note, this is what the letter said:  

(Written 3/22/17)
To the Tux that I Fux wit,

 On the week of FDT's inauguration, my best friend's* mother suffered a stroke (she was at home when it happened). Stressed out and feared, she was at a loss. The very next day, the "Fux With The Tux" EP dropped on a Thursday night. Those 3 songs uplifted her spirits like you could never imagine, it was exactly the energy that she needed at that time. I'm writing this to let you guys be aware that you were there during a tough time in her life, and to say thank you for doing something you didn't know that you did (that she probably won't admit).

  - kaiography

  Sometimes you have to thank the people that helped those that you care about in ways that you couldn't help them (I know that sounds confusing but you know what I mean), I’ll always appreciate them for that.  To this day, I still can’t thank them enough.  Music is magical.

*Actual name was originally placed instead of “my best friend”.


- Posted on the 3rd anniversary of our president's inauguration.
- The photo represents where the song is on the vinyl
-Spoke about this band before on "sinking", "resurface" & "the good one"

Comments