Skip to main content

twigs for the nest

  Heartbreak will make you do some pretty insane things, good thing I kept the anguish to an absolute minimum. Knowing that materialism is the unfortunate gateway to cure my heart and seeing the person that I wanted to spend my time with wants nothing to do with me I thought the next person I could look after: my mother.  Even though I considered getting something I had been holding off as well, I wanted to get her Christmas gift early (even though I got her something else for Christmas 2 months later) but I figured this would be a "just because" gift.  I wanted to get myself some lights to color my room to match my moods, this was from the same company that I had been using my photography for on sight lighting.  I purchased a pair for our living room so my mother wouldn’t have to reach for the switch all the time (it’s awkwardly placed), my brother disapproved of it at first because it “wasn’t bright enough” but I didn’t care it was mostly for our mother.  I tested it out with the living room then I got it for my room days after and that was much to my liking, I was happy and so was my mother.  But the biggest gift was this really expensive thermostat that I'd been wanting to get for her for about a year, I finally broke down and got it for her.  I got it for her so she can control the temperature from the comfort of her bed without having to get up with turn it on, I made sure to get it right before the wintertime so she could be comfortable and it worked.  It was the least I could do for her at this time, I'm trying to make her retirement as easy as possible.  I may not be the perfect son but my plan is to never fail her, that's my ultimate goal.

"There's no way I could pay you back, but my plan is to show you that I understand.  You are appreciated." - Dear Mama




Comments