Skip to main content

link: q-calls

   Good afternoon cross watcher!! Have you been doing alright? We have officially passed the one month mark with the “stay-at-home order” and people are starting to show their true colors, I’m talking to you to stay off social media for a little bit. The irritability of the world is getting the best out of everyone and I hate seeing everyone upset, that’s how we go crazy and we don’t want that to happen. Let’s just jump to the entries, shall we? (Sorry for being so short today).

  When I wrote “the mirror check” originally it was going to be up to 10 but at the last minute I decided to push myself to 20 and it became difficult after about the 13th one, it was written to push myself to see the qualities within myself without someone else telling me what they are. I wasn’t feeling too confident about myself one night and felt embarrassed to reach out (the peers I have are a little cold at the moment because of what’s going on), it helped me out the next day believe it or not. I actually wrote it as a sample piece for someone out who was feeling down in the dumps, I showed her the example and not only did she say that she would try this exercise on herself but that she was surprised that I was feeling this way about myself (and I hope you try it for yourself if it caught your attention). Don’t be surprised if I repeat this exercise in the future, it’s reasons like this that I miss therapy. “the deleted playlist” is a true story about letting go, even though I discussed it before I touched on it again to remind myself that upset with them anymore. I’m not going to approach them to make amends but if they reach out or if we run into each other and they approach me I will be open to seeing what they need, I’m not a heartless person. I’m sure we’re bound to run into each other again, we’ll see what happens by then.

  About a month ago, I reached out to someone to see if they were handling the quarantine okay and turned out I reached out to her at the right time because she was going through a financial and emotional crisis (she was lonely), she was actually the subject I was going to call “cocoon” but I decided against it. I’m not falling for her and neither is she but it feels good to someone that felt hopeless because it was something I wish I had with someone else, she mentioned how nobody is contacting her during the lockdown and it occurred to me that the same was happening to me. The same people that complain about being alone during this pandemic are the same people that aren’t replying to you, it makes no sense but that’s the reality some of us are facing right now. I understand now why she’s reaching out to me because she feels the same way I do… lonely. I’m glad that she’s finding some self-worth during this traumatic time and that I was able to help her, I wish her the best of luck. That’s all I’d like to say, for now, I hope the next link-up will be better for you. Until we link again, cover up with a mask.


Comments