Skip to main content

visualization pitch


  I wanted to surprise her on September 4th by asking her if she wanted to be official, probably sometime over breakfast but I planned to do it early while the sun was out. Knowing how long we’ve been lingering around the idea for years, I wanted to finally make the first steps to start this long-awaited compromise since late June. Seeing how she bought tickets for us to see a show during our vacation, that motivated me even more to try to make this extra special. I was aware that this certain escape seemed repetitive and dull for her to say the least, I was prepared to have her by my side from that day forward as someone who meant that much to me. Being labeled as a title shouldn’t be important, but this would bring more clarity between the both of us as to what we are. I envisioned how it would be like with that 4-hour ride back home, speaking like a proper couple and finally laying on the table what we wanted within each other. What I really wanted was security, the security of knowing that she would unconditionally support me the same way we’ve been doing for each other for all these years (and then some). I thought about how interesting it would have be to arrive in Japan as a couple instead of a pair, this would’ve been our 3rd time there together but 1st time in a committed relationship. Another Japanese artist recommended that Kyoto is more romantic than Tokyo, but I wanted to save that idea for another trip in the future.

  Since my birthday landed on Thanksgiving in 2019, I’m not too sure what she would’ve done for my special day but knowing her she would’ve pulled something extravagant. And I would’ve redeemed our Thanksgiving experience on that day since events from the previous year was still a little hostile, even though it was my special day I still would’ve made up for her feeling as awful as she did. I’m not sure what I would’ve gotten her for Christmas (nothing too over the top), but I was honestly looking forward to the whole mistletoe thing since I’ve never really done that before. Seeing how New Year’s Day is a week away from Christmas, I would’ve taken this time to discuss with her what she had planned for the future regarding her, me and possibly together. I would have hoped that New Year’s Day was special because I would’ve wanted to share the countdown with her, surrendering my single life to hopefully build a future with her as the decade began. I also would’ve liked to announce that we were officially together on that day as well, I got the idea from that from one of my favorite DJs who announced his engagement on New Year’s Day as well.  



If I sound vulnerable with this far-fetched take on how I thought my decade was going to start, it’s been on my mind all day on New Year’s.  So I decided to reveal it to the world, call it a lie if you will but everything I said is very true.

verification pitch / verification patch

Comments