Skip to main content

link: the message


   (This is a direct-write to someone looking after me)  Good morning cross watcher!! How are you feeling?  Are you feeling gloomy like the weather?  Yeah me too, that’s all of us really.  We all are suffering whether we are sports fans or not because we understand how much of an impact this man has made for everybody around the world (especially for his city).  I know the person I wrote about in “murky waters” is destroyed by this, I do feel bad for her and any die-hard fan of his right now.  Other than the unfortunate news, are things going okay in your end?  I hope you’re not sick like me right now, I’m actually writing this at 4 in the morning because I’ve been in bed all day and decided to talk to you for a little bit.  Give you a little something to read on your way to work or bed or whenever you read these, hope you don’t mind that.  I hope my best friend is doing okay as well because for some reason I’ve been “feeling her energy” lately, I don’t know how to explain it but it’s true.  Not sure if she’s thinking about me (maybe not) but I feel her presence, maybe she misses me (maybe not).  Anyway, can I tell you something?

   Last year when I wanted to make my best friend my girlfriend, I also thought about saying that L-word a little more not only towards her but towards everyone else as well.  It’s very difficult for me to say it but I know it’s the ultimate feeling of appreciation when you say it to someone else, I know it makes people feel emotionally secure when you say it to them as well.  With her out of the picture right now I had no one to really say it to, but I thought about making it a resolution to say it more if I did have to make one for the new year.  The death of a legend and his princess left everyone in shambles, with tributes all around the world and Los Angeles making that Sunday one of the darkest days of the new year.  Not being a sports fan myself, I thought about doing something differently.  A reporter was talking about ”letting go of issues you have with people because life is short” and that really impacted me to reach out to everyone on the gram, I made a video telling everyone who was watching it that I loved them.  I would hate to be gone tomorrow or someone I cared about and it wasn't said, I was fighting back tears saying it (it's that difficult for me to say that word) but I really meant it.  The response to that video has been beautiful, to the point where people that I didn't expect to respond actually did and that really touched my heart.  That really made an impact on people and especially me, I'm really glad I could do something like that during this difficult time.

   I just realized that I didn't speak about the previous entries, the news of the legend’s passing inspired me to write ”fragile thin ice”.  Some nasty things were said but I'm not upset or angry about it, I'm not even frustrated about the whole thing so I figured why not write about it.  It wasn't to make my best friend look or feel bad but if she had to read it I hope she would understand how I felt about it now and then, she's been forgiven and I hope she understands that.  I wrote it to show that I really did ”let it go”, I don't plan to bring it up again.  The ”Hydro” entry was something I found on my phone from YEARS ago, I don't think I posted it back then because it wasn't long enough but it captivated me after all these years later.  Thank you again for checking up on me, still not sure who you are but I wish I had some kind of sign as to who.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, I know it's a lot but I meant every word.  I hope you enjoy the last days of the month, end it with a bang!  Until we link again, take care of yourself.  Oh, by the way... I love you too (forgot to say it to you but you are appreciated).



Comments