Skip to main content

three tweets

(You could be stuck on a moment where things could take a turn for the worst or you could consider this a bump in the road because our history together is too great. The choice is yours.)
Apparently, I had written this on a Saturday night. I thought about how friendships fall apart and how something so strong can break so easily, I must’ve not been able to sleep that night. I do remember when I looked this up I discovered that there was a U2 song based on what I wrote, the lyrics resonated a lot to what I was feeling at the time. I don’t mind showing people my vulnerability but I don’t like to show people that I’m depressed because nobody responds, this wasn’t gearing towards anybody in particular at that moment but if I had to sum up every falling out I’ve ever had this is what I would say to it.

(If only you could see me today, you MIGHT’VE been proud of me.)
I had written this on the day after Valentine’s Day as me and a DJ my best friend admired drove up not far from her house on the way to a video shoot. The night before I shot one of our favorite singers (that I wish she was there for because that was a great show) and now I was on my way to build my creative resume. I wrote this as we were parking and I was having one of those “success is nothing if you have nobody to share it with” moments. There was a moment during the shoot where he needed something written and we all didn’t trust our own penmanship but I knew who to call but I didn’t want to stir up any more trouble, that was a great day (even though I was on an hour of sleep). I wish things were better between us that day because that was a good day for everyone, I was thankful I didn’t hit “send tweet”.

(Have you ever had one of the moments where you weren’t sure if you didn’t deserve the people in your life or if they don’t deserve you?)
This dawned on me on my way to work one day, it’s pretty self-explanatory but I’ll explain why I was thinking like this. With the way how people treat me I wasn’t if I belonged alongside anyone, I would have moments where I wondered if there was something more out there that I wasn’t seeing yet (or if I was fine where I was). I would hate to start over somewhere and still feel the same way as I did now, maybe I was saying this after having a rough week with my peers. Do you see how I keep questioning my questions? This is why I leave things in the draft for long periods of time.


Comments