Skip to main content

the song request


 Good morning. How are you doing? I hope you’re doing alright, not sure if it’s because of Mercury Retrograde but I felt the need to reach out and speak to you whether you (want to) see this or not. I figured it would be better this way if you found this than me calling or texting you, not sure if you would appreciate that right now. I’m speaking to you now while watching the sunrise from the hotel room that we stay in near Valentine’s Day each year during our getaway around this time, I wish that you could see this because it’s breathtaking. I was told by some people that you went back to your motherland, this is the first time in about 20 years right? That’s cool that you went, I hope you learned a lot from that trip about your family and heritage. I also hope you find happiness with what you’re doing whatever that is, you’ll succeed in whatever you do no matter what it is because I always believed that you could achieve in anything. And even though I'm not your favorite person in the world right now I still won't turn you down if you need help with something, I'm not that prideful to turn down someone in need but you knew that already. I know you’re wondering why I’m trying to talk to you right now so I won’t beat around the bush, so here’s what’s going on.

 The reason why I’m reaching out to you today is because something special happened on Valentine’s Day that made my jaw drop, it made me wish you were there more than ever to experience this moment because I’m not sure if this will never happen again. If you’ve ever felt like people don’t pay attention to the things you say you couldn’t be more wrong, they actually do and here is the proof of that. A couple of years ago you made a random video requesting one of our favorite bands to play your favorite song from their first album and until then they never responded, then out of the blue, out of nowhere, and out of all the other times they could’ve done this… they played your request. The hardest thing to accept about this was that you weren’t there to witness it, that was the part that made me miss you the most. Because I knew you would’ve been thrilled and overjoyed to know that you finally got your wish to hear your favorite song being performed live for the first time (they even announced it before they played it), I even recorded a piece of the performance thinking that I was going to send it to you later (but who was I kidding?). I couldn’t tell anybody why I was happy and freaking out at the same time, nobody understood how much you liked this song except me and I didn’t want to explain it to them. That was your moment and you weren’t there to see it and for me to register that was surreal, just know that it was magical and really unexpected because it was really special.

 I won't bombard this conclusion by sneaking in apologies and I miss you’s (even though I do) but I'm going to do something a little different, I'm going to be hopeful for you. I'm hopeful that you’ll discover new music that’ll make you happy and put a smile on your face, the soundtrack to your new beginning is going to be amazing. I’m hopeful that when you listen to one of my favorite songs you won't think of the bad times or think of me as a bad person because I haven't done that with you, I still get positive vibes whenever I hear one of your favorite songs. I know you tend to disassociate yourself with certain songs with the people you don't like and I hope you don't do that with me because our musical library is too large to not recognize that we both have good taste in music, this was an empire that we built together that is timeless and it's not one we could just easily pass off. I’m hopeful that… I just hope that music makes you happy.  That’s all I want to say for now, take care of yourself.



Comments