Skip to main content

the fourth o

  One of my biggest gifts happens to also be one of my biggest curses which that stems from me being a Sagittarius, which happens to be that I look at the positives in the negatives (and sometimes vise versa). For example, I recently dropped $5 from my pocket but I wasn’t mad because it made someone else $5 richer. Being optimistic is one of the toughest things to do because it means that you have to be extra patient when the world doesn't work in your favor, it means that you have to be mentally headstrong whenever life suddenly gives you a rainy day. Sometimes you have to accept the fact that even though you might not be at a good place right now you’re still content enough to learn from what you’re experiencing, some hard lessons come with a stronger mindset for the future. I’m one of those rare people that is always hopeful for a better tomorrow if today isn't working out the way you want it to, and if tomorrow isn’t looking good either there’s always the next day. People seem to always mistake my blunt tone with being a negative person, my delivery could be better but I want you to prosper more than you think.

 Being patient for other people can be hard as well when they can't see things in a positive light, being strong for other people means that you have to also be patient with them until they could see their own potential. Whenever people speak to me about their issues I hate making them feel like they’re hopeless, even if the situation doesn’t sound promising I still try to guide them with a more pragmatic approach at the end. I enjoy being the voice of reason sometimes because I like giving others the sense of purpose in whatever they plan to concur, I like giving them the idea that they can do anything if they believe in themselves. When they are depressed or feeling like the world is against them it’s important to make them aware that they’re not alone in whatever struggle they’re enduring at the moment, you shouldn’t tell them that their issue is not a big deal but you have to tell them that there’s a brighter side out of the tunnel they’re in right now. You have to be willing to guide them through the negatives if they need support and to inspire them to stay focused on the positives no matter how big or small it seems, because the bigger picture is always right in front of us.

  My only question is... Is there a thin line between being optimistic and wishful thinking? Because I sometimes wonder if something I’ve been being very patient for is going to come to light, that's one of the cons of being optimistic at times. I wonder if I’m wasting my time by hoping for a favorable result to a situation or if I should continue because I hate to stick to the negative side of something that might not even happen. You see what I’m doing? You stay so hopeful that you think your optimism might be unrealistic, regardless of what the outcome might you still have to look at the bright side of things.



Previously: the three o's

Comments