Skip to main content

playlist track 14


   This might surprise you but you know what I look forward to every year? Birthday cards (and no, not because there might be money inside).  Because it is the one time each year that my mother expresses her love for me through the words of somebody else, even though she didn’t say those words herself I know she meant them.  I know she takes this very seriously because she takes her time picking the perfect card, I’ve seen her do this for others including my relatives as well.  I’m not one to shop for these cards myself (the funny ones maybe), but now that I’m older I understand the impact that those cards have.  I have broken down and found myself browsing online through these kinds of cards myself, I found a lot of amazing cards particularly in the “Apology” section.  I was saying to myself that if someone gave me one of these after they’ve tragically messed up, I’d have an easier time forgiving them.

   My childhood friend and his lady recently expressed wanting to attend a “couples therapy” session, and shortly after this was brought up a fight between them erupted.  Even though they both reached out to me, I focused more of my attention on her so she could understand his view a little bit better.  After all that was said and done, I told her about my recent greeting card obsession and we looked at some cards.  I asked her to pick one out if she couldn’t verbally say that she was sorry, but instead of the “Apology” section she went to the “I’m Glad You’re In My Life” section.  One card almost made her tear up and I told her “that’s the one”, coincidentally they made up before she could even give it to him the very next day (but she still has it).  I followed the same steps and got a card for another friend that always lent her ear to me, it was her favorite moment of the day (and mine).

  I know I mentioned it before, but I take words from others very seriously and I take them to heart.  Apologies and words of affection are extremely hard to come by so people turn to love songs or greeting cards to speak for them, I wish I had the chance to receive something like that (or vise versa).  It would be nice if people really meant the words that came out of their mouths, not because they sound good hearing them but because there’s truth behind what’s being said as well.  I know if I had the chance to make something right, I’d send them a card as we speak and I know exactly which one to send to them.. just wait 2 days for it to get to you.

The title comes from the name of one of the soundtracks for my favorite anime, track 14 is a favorite track for somebody else from the same album called: “deeper than words”

Comments