Skip to main content

smell the roses

   How do you describe the smell of a beautiful rose? The act where a scent so elegant can put you in a trance at a standstill because, for that brief moment you were captivated by a natural fragrance that could hypnotize your soul.  Not to mention the texture of a rose, to run your fingers on something so rare, so delicate, so precious, knowing that nothing else feels like this.  And to witness a rose bloom for the first time? I'd imagine many of us have seen the orange sunset or the millions of stars that light up the evening sky but to get a glimpse of a flower to transform into something so beautiful that you can't take your eyes off of it is magical in its own self.  Doesn't it make you want to look at a rose today?  Maybe I have an unique way of inviting people to new things and environments, saying that people want the same thing as I do is the wrong thing to say but I do not blame others for wanting to experience the same magic as I do. That’s the story I’m trying to tell today.

  One of the best gifts that my father ever taught me was turning something that wasn’t favorable into something beautiful, a very diamond in the rough kind of mentality.  He was always that person I could count on to change my mind about something I wasn't sure about, he knew how to amplify your curiosity into a vision more appreciative.  It's a mindset like this as to why I understand when people approach me about things they're not sure how to conquer whether it's about life or love, I've always been sure to change their mind in some way.  I try to do the same thing when it comes to expressing things that make me happy in my life as well, I've always had this convincing way of painting a picture for the listener to see what I'm saying.  Whether it's music, experiences, people that I love, I adore the look on people's faces when I finally open up to them.  One thing I hadn't considered was if my gift was a curse, what if I showed someone a vision so well that they wanted it too?

  


- Originally started on 1/7/22, never finished even though I told myself I'd have it completed by Valentine's Day.
- Photo shot in April 2021


Comments