Skip to main content

un baile

  One of my favorite songs of the year describes the singer wanting to embrace another person’s grace with a slow dance (that’s actually the name of the song too), when I first sat down to hear the song I thought about how the singer spoke about the moment was magical thinking to myself how I never really done something like that.  Coincidentally, I had this when I was listening to another song by another artist talking about not wanting to leave the girl he was stuck on and I somehow thought that this would be a good song to slow dance to (with her).  It was an odd fantasy to have but it was one I knew it was one I would adore, only problem was I wasn't too sure how she would feel about it.  About three weeks after I had that idea in my head I was shooting the concert for one of our favorite singers, and as soon as that song I thought us slow dancing to came on I ran up to find her so I could make this vision a reality.  As soon as I arrived she wasn't there (she had gone to the restroom), when I started making my way back to the bottom I saw another couple embracing one another as the song was playing.  I gave a thumbs up to them with a smile and the boyfriend exchanged one in return.

  As soon as I turned the corner, me and the girl I was thinking about bumped into each other.  As the song was ending, I placed my left hand was on her waist and right hand holding her left hand as I began to move along with the music.  She put her right hand on my left shoulder and we just looked at each other singing the lyrics to one another, laughing and smiling the whole time.  Even though this moment lasted no longer than a minute, in my head it felt longer.  The song was over and the dance had to stop, I walked her down to where she had to go and I continued to shoot the show with my camera.  As I'm walking back, I saw the same couple who I gave the thumbs up to just a little while earlier and the girlfriend gave me the thumbs up this time since they were watching us dance the whole time.  That moment probably meant nothing to her but it meant a lot to me, only if she knew.



(Fun Fact: The needle is placed where the song is)
("un baile" is Spanish for "one dance")


Comments