Skip to main content

REVIVAL: Conscious Respect

You know what's harder than getting respect? Being accepted. You know what's harder than being accepted? Being yourself. Since when is giving your best not good enough? Since when is being yourself not good enough? It's becoming easier to embellish who you are than ever before, it's to the point where the people close to you don't know who you are... or who they are. I knew who I was until the people closest to me seemed unimpressed with every action I made, somehow it's becoming something to yawn at. It seems lately whenever that I think in my mind is amazing, it is unimpressive to others. What's also defeating is when I see others support each other no matter what ups or downs they go through, but everybody thinks I'm so "amazing" that I don't need it? This is not a cry for help/attention, but more like a reality check for those who don't understand. Just because I look solid enough to withstand upcoming challenges, doesn't mean I don't need encouragement. It questions your self-worth a little more.

(the original post did not contain a photo, this was shot one more earlier)


__________________________________
This was posted on 9/8/13 on my old blog.

Notes
1. 2nd paragraph was written, but not posted because it included more ranting and the point wasn't clear.

Comments