Skip to main content

interlude: the photograph

   I’m not one to often to ask help, especially when it comes to collaborative work.  With how accomplished I became as a photographer with shooting icons and people that put a smile on my face, for some reason it’s always been a challenge for someone to do something creative when it came to me.  My best friend had no problem sketching me in the past but for some reason when it came to photographs it was a problem, how do you find someone to work with you that’s not intimidated by your work?  I haven’t asked anybody for years to do that, I asked one person on a recent trip on my vacation and he agreed to do so… only if he didn’t forget to shoot me.  Instead of being disappointed with him, I realized that it probably wasn’t meant to be and took the initiative to try something I haven’t done in about 4 years.. shoot a self-portrait.  It wasn’t right but it taught me something, the same way how I could take the perfect picture of someone and not one of myself is the same way how I’m excellent at taking care of others but I don’t have a clue how to take care of myself.  It was an interesting realization to face, but it was one I’m willing to change.  


“The angels cry to have your photograph” - Air



Comments