Skip to main content

REVIVAL: Oasis City

   Oasis City is a place where your greatest highs and lows can become a reality. A place where everything felt like a dream. Where the nightlife can immediately transform everyone around you, where everything is limitless. Also known as "Sin City", but I call it an Oasis by how everything dramatically changes within an hour. It's the place you want to go if you want to escape from everything and everybody, without the aid of being homesick. A place where it's a party every day without having to wait for the weekend, scheduling is non-existent here. Everything here happens so fast to the point that if you blink you could miss a giant walk by. At sundown, this place is hypnotically turned into a neon light city, where the light of the party begins for the town. With a place that's labeled as "Paradise", you'd think that this would be the perfect place to be... think again.

   I live for the night. I perform in any activity better after dawn, it's just a personal preference of mine. But after seeing how everybody was so eagerly ambitious for the night at a location I wasn't familiar with made me less attracted to the neon city. After seeing the "normal everyday people" hang around the hot spots and seeing how the nightlife was presented to me made me less creative as an artist. It made my mind cluttered as a writer, and it made me rethink why I came here as a person. As glamorous and memorable the night may be, it brought a very melancholy side out of me. How can you be around thousands of people and feel alone inside at the same time? This was one of the few instances in my life where I felt more at peace in the daytime, which was unnatural for me. I felt more relaxed with the environment around me during daylight because I was surrounded by more everyday people rather than the blooding sucking bats that only appear at night. I've never anticipated the sun to come up anymore then I did when I was in Oasis City. Would I ever come back? Definitely. It showed me things that I didn't know about myself, like self-controlling bad habits and that I didn't belong with this kind of crowd. But if I had to stay for myself then it's not so bad. Until we meet again.



"The sun has come to save me,
put a little love into my.. lonely soul." - Gorillaz

__________________________________

- This was written on 9/10/12

- I wrote this after my best friend and I returned from our first trip to Las Vegas.

- I THINK this was the original photo that was used for the post on the original blog back in 2012, I'm 90% sure?

- Written as part of my "partenza" series back in the day.  "partenza" is Italian for "departure", this series was about my travels.

- Found this achieved in one of my old phones



"The sun has come to save me,
put a little love into my.. lonely soul." - Gorillaz

Comments