Skip to main content

REVIVAL: heckler


(April 8, 2012)

"Opportunity of a lifetime" only comes once, the only question is are you going to let it pass you by?  And are you going to let someone stop you while you're in motion?

(July 5, 2012)

  Who says that you're not supposed to like whatever it is that makes you happy? When did I start listening to everybody else's opinion? And why did I even bother? Try to ignore it and find yourself focusing on the negative anyway. Defend me only to get ambushed by those who don't try anything twice. You find that one thing that you know for sure will make you entertained and content, making yourself happy is not an everyday thing but it's more eventful the older you become. Whether it falls on your lap or you went the distance to get what you want, keep that as a reward to yourself. For you to become discontent and to lose that bond with something that you knew you wanted or wouldn't deny is unfair to you and the people that value your opinion. You know how defeating it is to wait patiently for something only for the world to tell you that it's wrong? If you don't then I wish you did. Because I could hear you whispering in my ear telling me don't do it even when you're not physically next to me. I don't know if you're telling me not to do anything because you're looking out for me or for the simple reason that you don't like it. It's hard enough to live my life as it is but it's no different if I'm being directed to go to a path where I get lost. I'm not going to wait for you to say "I told you so", especially when you didn't let me get a chance to sit down and get the chance to enjoy something about it. Allow me to make mistakes or to always have the limelight once in a while without interrupting my moment to shine. Give me the chance to surprise you and make you a believer without always expecting me to fail. The day I lost confidence in my choices was the day that you spoke your mind. But what's ironic is that whenever you want those to support your decisions and we don't you start to develop a temper, how hypocritical is that?




__________________________________

- This was actually written twice, only on 4/8/12 and the full-length on 7/5/12

- I can't recall what drove me to write it back in 2012 (it was a bad year but my best friend MIGHT remember), I can't tell if I was angry at myself or at someone else at the time.  But I coincidentally found this after finishing "the crowd".

- The photo was shot during a show in 2020.

- Found this achieved in one of my old phones, I'm showing you the screen of the original text (I shouldn't write when I'm angry).


Comments