Skip to main content

the limits


   It might surprise you but I am actually content to be where I am today, not exactly in terms of my placement as of right now but how much I’ve changed as a person from before. I was told a few times recently that I was one of the most patient people they’ve ever met, I guess my tolerance for BS is a lot higher than most. However, even the most patient/tolerant people have their breaking points. I do have thick skin (for the most part), my patience regrettably wears thin when I’m purposely being disrespected. Maybe the other party is probably unaware of how far they’re taking it, but when I’m asking or even pleading for them to refrain from certain behaviors then why take it further? Carrying my frustrations over onto the next person is something I don’t believe in anymore, especially if the other party doesn’t deserve it or had nothing to do with it. Bottling up another person’s toxicity takes a lot of strength, but it’ll eat you up alive. Releasing that negative energy to another person might make you feel like some weight is being lifted from your shoulders, but at the cost of losing someone because of you being reactionary. The thing to remember is that everybody has their limits, some shorter some longer. But once you finally push someone over the edge, where do we go from here?

   It takes a lot for me to be pushed over the edge, especially since I don’t have a short temper and I try my damnedest to not respond to another person’s carelessness. One thing I don’t appreciate is when I am pushed over the limit, then the pusher plays the victim. What is the point of taking things too far only to retreat from it? That’s like starting a fire and running away from it. Don’t be the spark to someone else’s downfall, especially if you see they’re trying not to respond to it. Please consider trying to ease the tension as calmly as possible, but if you can’t do that then break away to get a breather and come back to see where things went awry (that way your mind will be clearer). It takes two for something to go right and it also takes two for something to go wrong as well, but if that is true then why is it always up to one person to fix it? Don’t leave someone in the dust with their unwanted angst, because bitterness is contagious. I hope what I am saying is making sense because nobody wants to be categorized as having a temper when they were pushed to their limit. Please don’t confuse the two, because a lot of times they probably didn’t even deserve it.


Comments