Skip to main content

INCOMPLETE: eclipse


  We all know that old saying: “One man’s trash is another man's treasure.” I wish there was a proper phrase for bad luck because this is not the best time for me to shine. It feels like there’s a black cloud following me or that I’m walking under a line of ladders, the fact is you get the point (I’ve been feeling like I’m bad luck). It especially doesn’t help that my many peers and the people around me seem to be having the time of their lives right now, they seem to be getting jackpots while I get lemons. As happy as I am for them it’s very difficult for me to be cheerful for myself at this time (because faking it takes a lot of effort), I don’t mind being behind the scenes but now I want to be hidden from everybody because I’m afraid that my bad luck will spread to others. Has a monkey wrench been thrown into my happiness or am I only seeing the negative about everything on purpose? Whatever it was I wanted it to change in the fall, now I’m not sure if asking for this year is asking for too much. Not sure when things will turn around or when I could finally see the bright side of everything that’s going on, but I might be impatient asking for change so soon. My biggest fear is asking for something like this would take someone else’s happiness in exchange for mine, and I have too much of a conscience to do that to anybody.


__________________________________

-  Written on 10/25/19 (tried to tackle it again on 1/25/20 but decided not to finish it)

- I wasn't sure how to finish this, I didn't think I needed to dig any deeper since the first paragraph was self-explanatory enough.

- I don't have an actual photo of an eclipse, but this was one of the first photos I shot to prepare for the "Super Wolf Moon" in January of 2019.


Comments