Skip to main content

handmade



   Back in 2014, my best friend wasn’t working at the time and finding work was much harder than she anticipated.  But I provided for her as much as I could during that period so she couldn’t struggle with things such as food, music, movies, gas from time to time, any part of our adventures, I did everything I could to keep her as active as possible.  She was on the process of going back to school to become a pharmacy technician, so I made sure that she kept her head in the books with little interruptions (or not as much knowing me).  During the holiday season, she really couldn’t provide with me much for my birthday or Christmas but instead she MADE me a Christmas card from scratch.  I’ve never really had someone make me anything for a birthday/Christmas gift, not since another friend did 7 months earlier (even to this day it’s a rare occasion).  The card reads:

“December 2014

KAI,
I KNOW THAT I PUT YOU THROUGH LOTS OF UNNECESSARY PAIN AND AGONY OVER THE YEAR/S... THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I QUESTION OUR FRIENDSHIP STILL.  BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP & SUPPORT YOU’VE PROVIDED MY STUBBORN SELF. —>

NOW, HERE IS A POEM I WROTE FOR YOU:

THERE ARE THINGS I WISH 
I COULD GET FOR YOU
ALAS, THESE THINGS
REQUIRE PAID DUES. ($)

IF THE WORLD WERE FREE
TO TAKE WHAT WE WANT...
NOTHING COMES EASY
IS THAT WHY PEOPLE FLAUNT?

I KNOW YOU’RE NOT ONE
TO SHOW OFF YOUR WEALTH
YOU’LL SHARE WITH SOME
AS YOUR MEANS OF HELP.

THE MOST VALUED GIFT
CANNOT DESCRIBED,
YOUR ULTIMATE WISH:
“THE LOOK OF SURPRISE.”

XX 2014”

   This actually meant a lot to me at the time, and it still does today.  Out of everything that she’s ever given me throughout the years, I secretly held this the most valuable.  It was one of the very few times she ever really revealed her appreciation for me, and at the time I didn’t know how to thank her or respond to it.  I would look through it every now and again to remind myself of how I helped her during a really tough time in her life, I’m extremely grateful that she did that because I know she did it out of love and appreciation at the time.  


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FQgwBRC4sZU-qbbXysjFGbpDXWtTnRiMhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-ucBt17vvUOWc1pu2g86TQZIu0TrHsTmhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Jh_nXBLcl9iQwA0Toglvv4r1a9gLVWfq

Comments