Skip to main content

REVIVAL: "the root"


Watching cancer take her life to the last line
Jack was the one telling you everything's fine
It impacted everybody, even mine
I knew she was gone by the sunshine

Having your queen gone couldn't be anymore true
Denying that this is your life a new
No more "hello's" or "how are you?"
Something to this day that I would rue

It was hard for us to speak, not even a peep
You were in too much pain, never knew how deep
Our conversations will be something I will forever keep
As your soul vanished away in your sleep

I needed closure to you not being here, asked the giver
Hoping you didn't suffer, I beg to differ
A peaceful slumber was something I'd prefer
But when I read why you left it said... Deferred


------------------------------------------------
Archived from my Live Journal that was posted 5 years ago tonight, reposted on the 9th anniversary of my father's passing.

Comments