Skip to main content

saving knight


   She knew I was on the fence about getting something in particular, she knew I wanted a certain something for a while but I couldn’t think of 3 attachments for it I really wanted at the time so I waited.  She was also afraid that I would probably just play it once and it’ll collect dust overall, knowing me that wasn’t going to be the case… until much later.  Once Christmas passed I was satisfied with the gifts that she gave me (I’m just thankful to get anything from anyone really), but she wanted to reveal something to me nearing the end of the year.  Her true intentions were to get me a Nintendo Switch, but she wasn’t sure if I was going to like it.  I was more impressed that she had it in her heart to get me the switch then her actually getting it, because she had never really done something like that before.  Ever since she said that I had been thinking about it even more, I just went ahead and got it for myself a few days later.  When I revealed to her that I bought myself a Switch, she felt bad that I spent my own money to get the gift that she originally wanted to get for me.  So she made me a deal…

   She wanted to purchase my first games for the Switch, which took me by complete surprise.  I didn’t want to break her budget, so I told her to pick out 3 out of 5 games (and she made some good choices).  I was so touched by that her actions that I wanted to make sure to return the favor when she got Playstation 4 (because I knew she wanted one), so one day I surprised her with some goodies including the game she really wanted.  Unfortunately, I gave it to her on the day we had our big day.  I texted her when she got home saying that I hid her surprise underneath my seat, even though we’re not talking at the moment that I’m thankful I did my part for her.  I had planned to post a photo from the night she got me the games, but out of respect I won’t do it.  To this day, I’m thankful she did what she did.

And in case you were wondering, "saving knight" was rearranged from the word "Thanksgiving".

Comments