Skip to main content

The 6th Days


   I’ve always been behind my best friend throughout her struggles, I’ve always tried my best to be there and to be her voice of reason whenever things in her life seem to go off course (because that’s what best friends do).  Throughout our 15 years together I’ve seen her ups and downs, but when she’s down she’s REALLY down and can’t seem to get herself out of that funk (apparently my moon is in Gemini so I relate somewhat).  I know 2019 had been a somewhat troublesome year for her, but I want to speak about 2 incidents where things might’ve transformed her to be a little more bitter towards whatever came her way.  Coincidentally, both of these incidents happened on the 6th day of April and May.

   There was a mutual friend we had (who was also a Gemini like her) that wasn’t happy with her living conditions (just like my best friend), and she was in eager need to move out (ALSO just like my best friend).  They made a pact that if one of them found a place that they would tell the other so they can be roommates, a few months later the mutual friend found a place nearby and invited the best friend to live with her.  My best friend was so excited that she started packing up almost immediately, I even helped out the mutual friend with some paper goods because she moved in with practically nothing.  When the best friend was wondering about how to transfer all of her records to the new place, I had the idea to build a new furniture piece at the new place so we won’t have to lug it over.  I contacted the mutual friend personally to ask if we could do that and she was upset that the potential roommate didn’t contact her addressing the same thing, she contacted my best friend saying what I did and she did not defend me looking out for her.  When I addressed to her that I was hurt and offended that she would defend the security of her new place and not her best friend that made her step up for me, when she addressed the mutual friend about her actions.. she told her not to move in with her anymore.  She didn’t speak much about it afterwards, but I know it destroyed her inside.  Even though I was thankful that she spoke up on my behalf, I am honestly sorry that it didn’t turn out to be the happy ending that we all hoped for.  The mutual friend contacted my best friend near her birthday with a SOMEWHAT apology, but nothing was still resolved after that unfortunately.

   The relationship between me and my best friends family has never really been a steady one, especially between me and her eldest brother since we’ve never been on the same page about anything.  I was invited to one of his parties (for god knows why) that my best friend knew I would decline, I just never responded.  When my best friend was getting her hair done from our stylist (who is the same color as me), her brother reminded her to invite me to his party.  And when she declined the invitation on my behalf, he took it as an offense.  He was so frustrated with the fact that I wasn’t going saying for me to “not speak to him whenever I see him since I don’t like him” that had nothing to do with the situation.  We personally thought I was invited for diversity reasons, and he hadn’t said otherwise.  He made this scene with the hairstylist nearby and it had upset my best friend for the remainder of the night.  Instead of looking at himself as if he might be a problem, he’d rather look at the person that doesn’t agree with him as the problem (diversion at the highest level).  I haven’t been to that house since, and it hurts me that she is surrounded in that kind of environment. I know she lost a lot of respect for her brother after that happened, they two have never been on the same page as well.

Despite everything I’ve said, I mean no disrespect when I say this but... There's a possibility that the same people that broke your heart MIGHT BE the same person that you’re becoming.

Comments