Skip to main content

The WSC’s


   You think maybe if I held onto my patience a little longer, we wouldn’t be where we are right now?  Or if I didn’t say the certain things that I did in the heat of the moment we would still be talking today?  Whenever life goes sour and it feels like a black cloud it holding on to you like a clutch, all you can do is think about the “what if’s”.  The “what if’s” is the thought process that keeps in you unmotivated from getting out of bed, the “what if’s” makes you look forward to different nightmares in your slumber.  Most importantly, the “what if’s” is not realistic.  It’s all in your imagination, no matter how pretty you paint that masterpiece.. it’s all in your head.

   You want to put all the blame on yourself so things could go back to how they normally were, but what if (see I’m doing it again) it still didn’t make a difference?  No matter how much you think things could’ve stayed the same if you did something differently, it still doesn’t mean that things wouldn’t have changed.  I could sit back and visualize how things could’ve been better but I’m just lying to myself on the reality that’s happening today, now I know how people addicted to VR feel like.  It would be ridiculous of me to wish the other party would’ve done something different because people are grown and don’t like being told what to do, the worst part about that is the fact that you’re not supposed to question their common sense.  If I can’t question someone else’s irrational way of thinking, they can’t question me visualizing how things could’ve been different.  This way nobody wins, it’s equally petty.  One day I’m going end my “what if” marathon in my mind because things are still fresh right now, I’m going to HAVE to deal with the reality that it might not ever happen in real life.  As much as it pains me to say it, what else am I supposed to do?


By the way... In case you were wondering, “The WSC’s” stands for “The Woulda Shoulda Coulda’s”

Comments